While cities throughout America continue to debate issues such as improving infrastructure, adding values to the community and creating a business-friendly environment, Youngsville is taking action.
The people of Youngsville understand and appreciate the importance of business in the community. From helping to lower the tax base, increasing their own personal property values, and adding employment – this is one business savvy city. Here are a few examples of this pro-business attitude put into practice:
Infrastructure & Community Improvements
- The first community in the Parish to embrace roundabouts (traffic circles)
- Multi-million dollar 70-acre sports complex; Recreation Center opened April 2016
- Chemin Metairie Parkway Project
- Beautification of Downtown Youngsville
- Approved $2 million in road improvement projects
- Approved funding for a six foot wide sidewalk to connect our city
- Increased budget to double the size of the Youngsville Police Department
- Conversion of 4 softball fields to turf at the Youngsville Sports Complex
- Approved a drainage study of the city
- Created detailed Growth Guidance Plan
- Updated current website to improve transparency and engagement
- A new dynamic city leadership team in place
- View the City of Youngsville Design & Development Guide here.
In ten years the total number of businesses in Youngsville has grown from 8 to over 100
Youngsville Chamber of Commerce
The Youngsville Chamber of Commerce is an organization developed in 2005 by local business leaders. The mission of the Chamber is to cultivate an environment that encourages Youngsville business owners to create relationships in order to develop greater support of local business ideas to improve the quality of life in our community. The “Shop Youngsville First” campaign was created so that the many wonderful people who have made great investments in the future of Youngsville can offer you the services and conveniences you deserve.
For more information on the Youngsville Chamber of Commerce, visit www.youngsvillechamber.org
For the 2015 Youngsville Demographics Snapshot, click here.
Workforce Diversity Persons 25+ (Lafayette Parish)
- 21,423 Blue Collar Labor
- 65,076 White Collar
- 16,441 Service & Farm
- 75% have high school diploma or better
- 49% have Bachelors Degree or better
- 55% are between the working ages of 24-64