Peddlers, Solicitors & Itinerant Vendors Permit Requirements
Peddler, Solicitors & Itinerant Vendors, means a merchant, trader or person who, for himself/herself or any other person, goes from house to house or from place to place, walking, in a vehicle or any other mode of transportation and entering private property and not being invited to do so for the purpose of soliciting orders for the sale of goods, wares or merchandise for the purpose of disposing, peddling same and/or for the purpose of sale of services. Peddler is all solicitors, peddlers & itinerant merchants.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
It shall be unlawful for any peddler to engage in the business of peddling within the City of Youngsville between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. during central standard time or at any time on Sunday.
It shall be unlawful for any peddler to enter upon any private premises owned, leased or rented by another and refuses to leave such premises after being notified by the owner or occupant of such premises or his agent. It shall be unlawful for any peddler to enter upon any private premises when such premises are posted with the sign stating “No Peddlers Allowed” or “No Solicitors Allowed” or other words to such effect. It shall be unlawful to enter any single-family residential subdivision designating the subdivision as a “No Peddling Area.”
Applicants shall complete a written application with the City of Youngsville, along with a non- refundable fee of $75.00 per person soliciting, which shall cover the credentialing and background verification of each employee authorized to peddle under each permit. *The city of Youngsville staff will be calling you to obtain payment information.
The permit application must contain the following information:
- Name and address of applicant and all participating employees.
- Name and address of company, employer, or other commercial enterprise represented.
- A brief description of the nature of the peddling.
- If a vehicle is being used, a description of the year, make and model of the vehicle and license plate number.
- Certification that the applicant has registered with the Parish Sales and Use Tax authority.
- Applicants must include a copy of a valid state identification card or official school identification (school activities only).
- A letter from the company stating that applicant and all employees listed are authorized to solicit orders for the sale of goods, wares or merchandise for the purpose of disposing, peddling same and/or for the purpose of sale of service.
REVOCATION OF PERMIT:
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED PROVISIONS OF THIS PERMIT APPLICATION SHALL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REVOCATION OF THE PERMIT BY THE MAYOR OF THE CITY OF YOUNGSVILLE OR THE CHIEF OF POLICE FOR THE CITY OF YOUNGSVILLE
Peddlers Permit Application
Please complete the online application below uploading required documentation to the link that will be provided in the confirmation email, or you may complete a printed application and provide hard copies of the required documentation.
Please complete the form to apply for a permit to participate in peddling activity in Youngsville, LA.
"*" indicates required fields