Welcome To Youngsville!
- For the majority of the City of Youngsville, services of water, garbage pick up, and sewerage are provided by the city. You can visit City Hall to determine what, if any, service is not provided by the city at your location. After your account is established at City Hall, you will receive monthly billing on or about the 1st week of the month for the previous month ending on the reading date of approximately the 30th. If you do not receive a bill, please contact your City Hall staff.
- Mandatory garbage pick up for the city is provided on Monday or Thursday, depending on your location. Place items at your front curb-side the night before your scheduled pick up. Waste Management of Acadiana furnishes garbage containers and provides garbage collection. If you wish to participate in our Recycle Program, please call your City Hall to have a recycling cart delivered at no additional cost to your residence.
- Utility Billing Information:
- You may mail your payment to the City of Youngsville as addressed on the bill, or make payment at City Hall from 7:30 AM – 4:00PM Monday through Friday. There is a depository located on the West side of City Hall for drop off payments after hours. Account number should accompany payments to ensure proper credit to your account. You may pay online @ (youngsville.us). Also, you may establish ACH Debits by completing the agreement for preauthorized payments. This agreement is available at City Hall & the city website.
- A 10% penalty will be added for accounts not paid on (or before) 4:00 PM of the 27th of the month. If payment is not received by the end of business on the 27th day of the following month, a disconnect notice will be mailed to the billing address advising of the delinquency and current balance owed. The total account balance must be paid in full or services will be disconnected/discontinued immediately thereafter.
- If service is disconnected for non-payment, a reconnect fee of $50 and an additional deposit amount will be added to the outstanding balance of the account. The resulting balance due will have to be paid in full before service is reconnected.
- If you are moving out of your residence, please come in to City Hall to disconnect or transfer services. You are responsible for all water consumption and sewage fees for the period of time that you have an active account for those services.
- Service Rates:
- Water – $15.00 base rate plus $3.88 per thousand gallons used,
- Sewage – $9.51 base rate plus $4.23 per thousand gallons of water used,
- Garbage Pick Up – $20.00 fee per household.
- Additional Garbage Cart $10.00 per month, per additional cart.
5. For Police and Law Enforcement matters, call the Youngsville Police Department, Chief Rickey Boudreaux 856-5931. In cases of emergency, please call 911 for an officer to be dispatched to your location.
6. For any city emergency, after hours please call 337-856-4181.
7. The Mayor and City Council meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM at City Hall. The public is encouraged to attend.
8. Youngsville City Court is held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5:30 PM at the City Hall. This is open to the public.
9. Utility Companies providing services to our city:
ENTERGY (Electricity) 1-800-368-3749 (1-800-ENTERGY)
SLEMCO (Electricity) 1-337-896-5384
AT&T (Telephone) 1-888-757-6500
Cox Communications (Internet, Telephone, Cable) 337-232-6323
LUS Fiber (Internet, Telephone, Cable)
Centerpoint Energy (Natural Gas) 1-800-477-0177
ATMOS Energy (Natural Gas) 1-888-852-2424
We wish to welcome you to our thriving community.
If we can be of assistance, your City Hall staff is available at (337) 856-4181